29 August 2005

A President I'd be proud to listen to

If you wander on over to the 2008 Presidential Race blog, you'll note that down at number 31 on the list of potential GOP candidates is Mississippi Governor, and former national GOP chairman, Haley Barbour. I've always thought Barbour was at best a political hack, and in my gut I still feel that way.

But I've had the hurricane coverage on all afternoon, since I got home, and through the noise of chores and laundry and so forth has periodically penetrated the deep Southern drawl of Haley Barbour. I have to stop what I'm doing and listen whenever he comes on. This is a voice I want in the White House. I could listen to him for days. No matter how stupid his policies or arrogant his smirk, Mr. Barbour, unlike Mr. Bush, could still command my attention.

On the other hand, Tony Vasilis, who is on MSNBC from time to time talking about the internet coverage of the storm, is without a doubt the most flagrantly homosexual sounding newscaster I've ever heard. I honestly don't know any gay men who sound stereotypically gay at all, but this Vasilis guy... he's no Haley Barbour.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I could sound gay if I concentrated on it. But I dont.

I cant wait to see what you have to say about New Orleans, I've been waiting for you to post something.