05 July 2005

Totally bragging my ass off

Ahem.

I would like to go ahead and present the following email which I received today from Lewis & Clark Law School in Portland, Oregon. Being that it's in Portland it's not really a place I'd considered. In fact, I'm not entirely sure I've ever heard of it, since I've only actually even thought about maybe three schools west of the Mississippi (I like the West, but I was born an Easterner and I reckon I'll die one, too, unless I'm on vacation or something when I die, which really still wouldn't make me a Westerner).

Now then, here's the email.

"Dear Matthew ,

I have no doubt that you will be hearing from several law schools over the
next few months. While you are considering where to apply, I'd like to tell
you a little bit about Lewis & Clark Law School (http://law.lclark.edu) to
help you decide whether or not we might have something in common."

Nice. Then they go on to mention that they are located in "the gorgeous Northwest," and that the campus is "nestled in the midst of an idyllic, 645-acre state park," which is definitely a good selling point as far as I'm concerned.

Then we go on to the following:
"Finally, I realize that most people who took the June LSAT are planning to
enter law school next fall (2006) or even later. However, if you prefer to
start law school this fall, please consider Lewis & Clark. We have a very
small number of spots available in the 2005 entering class and encourage
you to apply if attending would be doable and desirable for you. We would
be happy to waive the application fee (just attach a copy of this email to
your application as verification of our offer)."

I am planning to take this in and forward it to my functional over at AFPC this week, so that he gets the hint that merely saying "I can't authorize release," and then refusing to elaborate further, isn't going to cut it. Eat my shorts, Maj. Armstrong.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. Portland is a pretty awesome city.

Lucky Bob said...

Nice. I remember that my first letter form Clemson was like a credit card form letter. "You have been pre-approved for acceptance into Clemson. Don't worry about the formal paperwork, we can fill that out later."

You might need to deliver that hint wrapped around a pipe wrench, to help drive the point home. Yes, I've worked with these people before.