13 July 2005

The Sopranos ARE from New Jersey...

Here's a fun little story from PolitcsNJ.com. Now, I had always assumed, like I think most Americans, that mobsters were as a rule Democrats, because Republicans are tougher on crime. But as the GOP makes gains across the country, I guess some young hooligans have taken to riding the elephant.

The New Jersey College Republicans have thrown out their statewide president. And with good cause, as far as I'm concerned. Here you can read a highly amusing email chain wherein the erstwhile young president/bagman attempts to shake down the Doug Forrester for Governor campaign, and then gets his panties in a wad when he gets called on it. Oh, and note the unfortunate name of the Treasurer of the state organization, down in the third email. This poor guy has no future in politics.

This is presented for your amusement only, not as a political comment. I know, earlier this year I covered the exploits of yet another college republican accused of embezzlement, but really, it's nothing against the CRs. I was a Republican when I was in college. If anybody knows about any college democrats embezzling money, please tell me. But I doubt you'll find any such stories, since, after all, no college democrats club has any money to embezzle anyway. They spent it all getting wasted after the last election.

No comments: