07 May 2005

Utah!

As promised, I have sifted through my 168 pictures from the Utah trip, and here present a handful of the best, not in any particular order.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Here we have the Book Cliffs, on the way from Salt Lake to Moab. Not a part of a park, but I like them, and they were the first really cool rock things we'd seen. Well, aside from the Wasatch.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
This is Devils Garden, looking north(?) from the Pine Tree Arch in Arches National Park. Just look at all those sandstone fins, Johnny!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Here is the White Rim Canyon, part of Canyonlands National Park. It was very grey and dreary the day we were there, but this canyon is still something else. There's a jeep trail along the rim that I'd love to take some day.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
A view of the Courthouse Towers area of Arches NP. Very alien.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The Canyonlands NP area was once the shore of a great sea, millions and millions of years ago. Here we have some driftwood and sand left over from those days... Honestly, though, hiking through the area, especially along Mesa Arch Trail, a Floridian like me absolutely cannot shake the feeling that this IS a really big, dry, beach. It just feels that way.

All right, I've saved the best three for last.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
This is Park Avenue, in Arches NP, in the late evening around 6 pm. Speechless.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Washer Woman Arch in Canyonlands NP. I'm in awe.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
And finally, here are our three intrepid explorers, me, Angela, and Kelly. You can feel free to ask of any us, we'll tell you: it was a great time. I can't wait for next year.

4 comments:

Ayzair said...

I'm so *(&%(W#*&$^ jealous! (And bored at work, if you couldn't tell by the number of comments from one day ...)

scanime said...

Ditto on the jealousy. :)

Hey, anyway us poor folks that couldn't go to Utah can get some big-sized versions of those pictures? They would make for some fantastic wallpaper! I'll even host them, like I did with the Maryland pictures, if you want.

Unknown said...

Well, but of course I could make large size photos. These come off the camera in 8x11 size. I have 168 of them... so there are plent of others. I'll be mailing a photo cd to Kelly. I could do the same for you if you'd like. I can even send you some Hawaii photos too.

Anonymous said...

about that photo cd you'll be mailing kelly...