29 May 2005

Highway Patrol

This afternoon while driving back across the bay from St. Petersburg I saw a state trooper driving a Ford Excursion. This is the largest of Ford’s three “Ex” vehicles (otherwise known as the Exploder, the Exploitation, and the Excretion), and the one related to the ultra-lux Lincoln Navigator.

Now I’m wondering, what on Earth was that guy doing? Why do they need a Ford Excursion? Are they carpooling in it, because you can put like 12 people in one of those things. Is the trooper actually expecting to pick up 10 people and take them to jail? I’d guess there might be dogs in the back, but the truck didn’t say K-9 on it, which I’m told is required by law.

I don’t know, but it seems to me that with gas prices the way they are, the state Highway Patrol ought to be spending their money on something other than a gas-guzzling luxury SUV.

No comments: