29 November 2007

Smittytree!

It's that time of year again! Yaay! Last year Smittygirl and I got an adorable little tree from the Target down on Gandy and decorated it. I don't think I have pictures, but it was very cute. This year we went back to Target and looked at small trees again, but there were only four to choose from and they were only $5 less than a six foot tree. So we have a six foot tree. Yaay, it feels like a real home with a real Christmas Tree! I've missed that so much the last few years, I can't even tell you.

Of course, we got Smittytree on a busy Sunday this weekend, and had other errands to run and chores to do, so we set the tree up and watered it and let it relax a little, but didn't decorate. So here is Smittytree before:
Of course we had to put the topper on right away, to make sure the tree knew it was loved. But I of course can't decorate during the day without Smittygirl (decorate the tree myself? It's a family thing, and we're a family now) and we've been ungodly busy this week in the evenings moving and cleaning and whatnot at Smittygirl's former apartment. Last night, after investigating the horrible racket being made by one of the vent fans on the roof of the condo, we put lights on the tree.

I could take another picture today and show you, but that would be silly because you couldn't see the lights. But I've been playing with the manual feature on my camera lately--it's always been there, but I never could figure out how to make it work--and let me tell you, it's like a new love affair with this thing now. I'm taking all my pictures on manual. It has a 2-second exposure setting, and this is what the tree looks like (from a different angle; I steadied it on the bookshelf):


Sweet, huh? Tonight maybe we'll add a few more decorations, and I'll take another picture.

Christmas is so much fun. Now if only I knew what to get ANYBODY on my list...

No comments: