10 June 2007

Pie-chee

Okay, so it's been a while since I've updated this blog. A long while considering the amount of news lately. I would apologize but that would just invite further criticism.

Here's some interesting news. We did an experiment this morning while making muffins. Smittygirl likes to make blueberry muffins from scratch. This morning I told her that we had to reserve at least one muffin space for a new taste sensation.
The other day I picked up some fresh lychees from the local Asian supermarket (it's less than two blocks away; I went on Wednesday for the first time. Ever. It's less than two blocks away), and I've been enjoying the heck out of them as I am wont to do. I thought, hey, let's make a lychee muffin and see what it tastes like.

For those tempted to try the experiment yourselves, let me say now that it is certainly amusing and worthwhile. The muffin was tasty. What was odd, though, was what the muffin actually tasted like.

It tasted like a corn muffin. A corn muffin with little bits of corn in it. Mmm, corn. Not lychee. Corn. Seriously. I was tempted to try a lychee pie (that is, a pie-chee), but I don't know how I feel about corn pie.

1 comment:

Ayzair said...

Oooh, brave man eating the lychees. Lychees are what made my brother-in-law's sister's husband's eyes swell shut the day before my sister's wedding. While I have no food allergies and would probably be fine, I promise I won't try one the night before your wedding :)