06 August 2006

Madness, I Say

Somebody stole my shower poof!

No, no, no, the sponge I wrapped in netting and used in the shower in place of a washcloth. It's gone!
I'm fairly sure I left it in the bathroom and it was stolen from there, since I can't imagine why anyone would invade my little tentspace and, seeing plenty of far more interesting things, make off with a shower poof. So of course it's mostly my fault.
Still, somebody had to steal it out of the shower tent, didn't they?
What manner of man, really now, what manner of man steals a shower poof? I use that to clean my naughty bits, as well as the rest of me. Would you steal a washcloth or sponge somebody else has been cleaning his naughty parts with? I wouldn't. It's very disturbing.
Fortunately I bought another shower poof at the base exchange this morning, for all of 85 cents, so it's not a big deal. But it is a bit disturbing...

5 comments:

Rambling Speech said...

Do a social experiment. Put out reward flyers for the lost poof. Reward not specified. See if anyone fesses up. Even more amusing if you draw a picture of it and state "it answers the name 'washer of naughty bits'"

This could be your new entertainment!

Have fun-

Anonymous said...

What happened to the sponge? Just curious...

Anonymous said...

(and by sponge, I mean the other one that was on it's own string, not the one you just lost. Had to clarify that.)

Anonymous said...

At a Greenville laundry mat, back in the day, we once left behind by accident a folded stack of boxers. Had not left the parking lot by much when realization struck and we turned around. Boxers were gone.

Who steals underwear??

(*besides underpants gnomes, and I believe the occurance predates the episode)

Anonymous said...

You know, back when I was in high school, there was a One Act that involved a toucan that stole panties, therefore resulting in the catch phrase "The toucan stole my panties!" Perhaps it was the toucan, and not the gnomes, that stole the boxers, hmmm? And hey, at least they stole clean underwear. If it were dirty, I would have been more afraid...