21 April 2006

The King of Crapulence?

A couple weeks ago I posted a ranking of 20th Century presidents. Nixon came in at the bottom, and at the time I wrote that given current trends the current White Hoser would end up in the bottom third.

Today I read an article in Rolling Stone by a historian who thinks we might be seeing the worst of all time at work.

I don’t know if I’d go that far. I mean, I really don’t; I don’t have any reason one way or the other, I just… it seems early to hang “worst of all time” on somebody when he’s got over two years left. And it seems a little harsh to describe someone’s position in the light of history when the end of his term is still in the future. Still, this is a very interesting article, and apparently free! It’s worth a read.

3 comments:

Lucky Bob said...

I will read it. But there is a slight problem with your links.
Your Presidential Ranking.
The Rolling Stone article.

Unknown said...

Ah, thanks for the tip. It's fixed now.

Lucky Bob said...

Whew. Thanks for pointing that out man. I had to send that link to a few people. And I've seen webforms do that crazy stuff to links before, especially in web based e-mail sites.
I don't know if I would say the worst, but he is digging his way there as fast as his little arms can go. I liked how he mentioned Truman's rebound. He had a lot of people hating him when he left office. My Godfather still dislikes him. I think Bush will just contimue to drop, especially if we get a decent one next time.