04 April 2006

American Bile

Man, this is a super-weak episode of American Idol tonight. The first two performers are my favorites, Taylor Hicks and Mandisa. And, frankly, neither one of them did much for me. Taylor sang a great song, but it wasn't Taylor. It was Taylor channeling John Denver (or Bob Denver, maybe), and it justn't wasn't interesting.

Mandisa sang a song I don't like by an artist I hate, and it didn't show off her range at all. And then after her performance, Ryan Secrest said that he thought one of the judges probably had a flask. Given that Paula often seems drunk/high or otherwise heavily medicated (she does have a chronic illness that requires meds, but sometimes I think she just takes too many), this comment may have been way over the line.

Then Elliot sang, and I was bored. And Paula pretended to fall asleep during Randy's comments. It's almost as if everybody has just, all of a sudden, grown extremely bored of the entire American Idol thing. Honestly, there are only about two or three performances left I'm interested in seeing (and I want to see what pregnancy top Katherine McPhee will wear tonight). This season has a lot of talented and interesting artists. I don't know why the last couple episodes have sucked so much.

No comments: