29 March 2006

Smitty Happy

Smitty very happy.

Smitty flew today.

Yaay!

It was only a half-hour of flight time, nothing big, but we flew around the area a little, I got used to the traffic pattern again. Only got one landing, so I'm going up again tomorrow with an instructor to beat up the pattern; once I get a few nice landings in we'll call it a day and I'll be signed off to fly Cessna 172s and similar things (things like Cessna 152s, and 182s, and Piper Arrows and Cherokees and such). I may try to get a plane again for Friday, but maybe not.

But still! I flew! It was great! I mean, it was odd--I'm used to a really large airplane. This little Cessna, it climbs so slowly, and it's so easily buffeted by wind gusts. And it turns on a dime, it's amazing. I forgot what this kind of flying felt like.

I can't wait to go back tomorrow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm glad something happy happened in your day. Have fun up there. =)