03 December 2005

Back from the Dead

Well, today I put applications in for four schools: Stetson, in Gulfport just across the bay; Georgia State University, in Atlanta; Stanford, near San Francisco; and Virginia, in Charlottesville. Stanford and Stetson both require me do send a letter to the Dean of Students at Clemson and get all sorts of information from them. I don't even know who the Dean of Students is anymore. Likely he or she didn't even work at the university when I was there. What they expect to learn from this I don't know.

This was a dreadful, painful, ugly process, and not surprisingly putting it off didn't do a damn thing to help. I could have written these stupid letters months ago, I could have had these in the mail one month ago, but that's the way it goes. In any event, now I'm marginally done (there is the Dean letter bit, but I'll get to that on Monday since there's no sense putting them in the mail on Sunday).

I also still have to finish up the William & Mary application. The school offers me the opportunity to write a second essay, and I've decided to write one about pilot training. Unfortunately, I'm on page four so far and I'm not yet halfway through pilot training. Obviously, I'm going to have to start over again, but I'm going to do so tomorrow, as my brain needs a break.

I figured filling out applications via the internet, using LSAC'autmomatic form filler, would be a snap. That was before I started working on these things, around 10 this morning. I finally finished about half an hour ago. And I didn't even take a break to, you know, do something more interesting. And... well, I'd do something interesting but I've already burned the whole day, so I'm just going to watch some Futurama and go to bed early. Tomorrow I can do something fun.


No comments: