31 October 2005

Um, Pardon Me...

...But what is with this allergy shit? I don't have allergies in the autumn. Certainly not in glorious October.
I just got home five hours ago. It's pleasant out and will likely remain so so I opened up the house. Now I'm all stuffed up and sneezy and my eyes are watering like it's high April.

Listen up, Tampa. You will NOT take my autumn away from me, do you hear me? I don't know what's in bloom out there, but it had best stop it right now!

Over the last few weeks I've had lots of time to do lots of thinking, and though I experienced no brilliant epiphany with the heavenly light shining down and the angelic strumming of harps (or harpsichords), I have come to a handful of what I'll call gradual recognitions of the obvious, which I'll be discussing a bit in the future. One of those gradual recognitions, and probably the most recent of them, is that it would really be best if I left Tampa entirely, one way or the other. I now realize that if I'm going to be forced to spend my autumns in shorts and sandals with a box of kleenex by my side, I'm going to have to leave Tampa immediately, as well as entirely. This is the one season of the year I really get to enjoy. I am not happy.


No comments: