30 June 2005

Idiots in Tampa

Yes! There are idiots in Tampa! I know it's hard to believe.

I actually had work to do tonight, writing and such (gotta put a sex scene in the novel, you know) and packing for a trip tomorrow, but then I got into this debate on Bayciti, a terrific Tampa development blog, regarding a proposal that has been floated to two-way several of Tampa's one-way streets in downtown.

Justin over at Bayciti links to several valuable articles on the subject: one from Tampa Bay Business Journal about a recent meeting of the Downtown Tampa Partnership; another about a month old from the St. Petersburg Times singing the praises of eliminating one-way streets; and this terrific study by the Reason Public Policy Institute (Reason is a libertarian think tank).

Now I have to write up a big post about all this silliness. As a downtown resident I think I have a valuable insight into just how moronic this idea is.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course, the only thing I really latch on to in this post is the fact that you're putting a sex scene in your novel.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the compliment, I never figured bayciti was that great, but I try.

I put a sex scene in a novel, it came out really awkward and I got rid of it. Carl Hiaasen does great sex scenes, though.