14 April 2005

Small personal update

I took Lexapro for a week. This replaced St. Johns wort for reasons I mentioned in an earlier post, but I haven't been altogether happy about the situation. I had headaches every morning, and the drug made me so sleepy I couldn't accomplish anything. Since lack of accomplishment has been one of the causes of depression, a medication that prevents me from doing things is, of course, not acceptable. Based on this, the doc has now put me on a different med, this time Wellbutrin. We'll see how this works out.
In any event, I have decided to take the LSAT, probably on June 7. Whether or not anything more will come of it hardly matters at this point, but at the advice of my therapist and in the name of general good sense, I'm going to start making plans in the event of a career change.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is interesting to see how some drugs work well for some people, and not for others. I found lexapro to be a useful medication w/ no side effects whatsoever. My new doctor chose to switch to Zoloft, and I can't tell much difference. What /really/ gets me is how, after two years of getting all this right, my insurance company informs me that nothing I'm currently on will be formulary this year. The letter then goes on to suggest "other comparable medications" that will be just as effective. I suppose, if one is discussing nyquil vs. robutussin, that "comparable" is a fair consideration. But one's mental health is a mite bit more delicate than a stuffed-up nose. Anyways. Be patient with the new drug. It takes a while to find the right balance, sometimes.