17 April 2005

Arrested Development

I am watching the season finale of Arrested Development on Fox right now. I've been remiss in not mentioning this program before tonight, since you won't be able to watch it now, unless it goes into reruns during the summer, which I doubt.

This is the best sitcom on television, and, while I watch very little broadcast television, as far as I'm concerned it's the best program of any sort on tv. I think it's better than Seinfeld, and that's really saying something.

I note that tonight's episode ended with a "on the next season of Arrested Development..." I will have to look this up online to see what's the deal. I know there's been a lot of question about whether this program, which has won pretty much every award available for a sitcom, will in fact be renewed by Fox for the next season. Whether this means it has been reviewed, or whether instead the last few episodes already shot for this season will be aired later, I don't know. But it does mean that there will be more Arrested Development, sometime.

If you've never seen this program, I urge you to go out and buy season 1, which is available on DVD. It's about the funniest thing you'll see. Then you can tune in next season and see what happens.

No comments: