01 November 2006

A Bit of Politics After All

I'm sorry, I just can't resist this. Not watching the TV news I missed this when it happened. Apparently Mr. Teresa Heinz went out to California to campaign for... I don't even know, Phil Angelides I guess, not that it would make a difference for him; anyway, he went out to California and gave a speech to a bunch of college students that included the following presumed "joke:"
You know, education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework, and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. And if you don’t - you get stuck in Iraq.
He actually said that. That may just have been the most wildly offensive thing anybody has said this entire campaign season. I mean, that makes things Krazy Kat Harris said during her wacky primary campaign (notice how quiet she's been lately? The truth is setting in...) positively charming and witty.

After the 2004 race the man is a bit of a joke already. He should stop trying to tell them.

No comments: