30 June 2006

Public Service Announcement

Men, when you are in the gym, please refrain from all of the following vocalizations:
1. Whales humping
2. The 17th hour of labor contractions
3. Steam locomotive boiler exploding
4. Singing along with the music in your head, loud enough for people several yards away to hear you
5. Speaking the words to the song on your iPod, and getting them wrong (tip for people with iPods: You have an iPod so you can block out the sound of the rest of the gym. That means the rest of us shouldn't have to hear you, either)

For pete's sake, guys, it's a bench press, not childbirth. A muffled grunt is okay, but save the growling, squealing, screaming, and yelling for your wife/girlfriend/right hand. Thank you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL I just started a gym about two months ago for access to a decent treadmill and other equipment. I was going to make the same *exact* post at some point, but maybe beyond. I am a non-gym culture kinda guy and have a lot of pent-up observations. I just can't decide if they're fair to make up or not. But one of them was your point about the grunting and loud noise. It's incredible how so self-absorbed people can be to not care that they're making a public spectacle of themselves. I get these guys next to me on another treadmill sometimes and all I'm thining is, dude, two people shouldn't be this close to each other with those kinda noises emminating, without sex involved. And I'm not going there!

Rambling Speech said...

Running late for something, but had to send you this link before I lost

www.donalhinely.com/GlassHarmonica.htm

Have you seen this guy?