16 February 2005

Politics of personal idiocy

Check this terrific blurb on Political Wire:
GOP Operative Accused of Theft

Politics of personal destruction my ass. I find it entirely amusing that everything, literally everything these days, becomes "the politics of personal destruction." Even when the issue stems from what appears fairly good evidence of fraud and embezzlement, merely bringing the charges is clearly a personal attack.
My favorite of Taylor's statements reported in the news article:


" Taylor said he did not know why his fellow Young Republicans would file a criminal report with police simply because of his neutrality in a national election."

I don't know why, either. It's times like these where I play the old Occam's Razor card. If it seems unlikely that they would file criminal charges solely because of your neutrality, then the charges probably stem from something other than your neutrality. I'll continue to monitor this one.



No comments: