08 November 2004

Job

I have to go to work. Because of this impending need I'll not be writing much at all on this, the first post of this blog. Introduction seems the best course since I can keep it short.

This blog is called Smitty's World. It's not going to be about the whole world, because I don't know much about the whole world, although I do spend most of my time there. It's going to be about my piece of the world, the things I see and the things that occur to me during a day. This is mostly an outlet for me to contribute something to the internet besides old MP3s and bad jokes passing through the email forward network.

Obviously I will post things about my job, which I cannot stand and wish I could escape from. Clearly, too, I will post things about my city, Tampa, and my state, Florida, as they occur to me, usually in traffic to and from said hated job. And then there are the other topics that interest me and that I think about when I ought to be doing more productive things: politics, science, art, literature, music... these topics and others occupy my quiet time.

Contrary to this first post, readers may find me a bit long-winded, which is natural for a long-piece writer, but hopefully also mildly intelligent and also mildly humorous. Complaints can be directed to no one in particular since I don't really care. We'll just have to see where this goes. For now I am off to the job.

No comments: